Thursday, September 15, 2011

This and That

**Watching "Stage Door Canteen" 1943, star studded cast**

Tonight's post is a bit of a hodge podge of this and that since I just spent most of my posting time cleaning the kitchen counters so that the next time I cook, the pictures will have cleaner backgrounds.

Last night I assembled Chocolaty Overnight Oats (save me typing, visit the link if you want the full recipe) from the Shape Magazine website to have for breakfast this morning.

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! THIS MOVIE HAS GYPSY ROSE LEE IN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have seen this clip before in documentaries but I didn't know what movie it was from!

Sorry, I get distracted fairly easily, throw in Gypsy Rose Lee and you're not getting my attention back until she's done! My final project in Theatrical Makeup for College was Gypsy Rose Lee so I'm completely fascinated by her after doing so much research.

Back to Chocolaty Overnight Oats.

I mix the dry ingredients together before adding the milk (I used Lite Vanilla Soy Milk instead of Almond Milk). I also add a tablespoon of Shapeworks Protein Powder.

Add the milk and mix well, it takes a while to get the cocoa powder to mix in (I only have regular Hershey's cocoa powder). Cover and put it in the fridge and go to bed :)


This is what it looks like the next morning.

It's a bit stiff so it helps to add a little bit more milk.

BTW, this being the 3rd time I've made it, I used the 5 minute oats instead of the instant oats. I think the texture came out better with the more whole oats.

Once you have it re-mixed. Slice up half a frozen banana (hopefully you have these ready to go like I do cause they're great to add to smoothies. I have a container of peeled and halved bananas in my freezer.)

 I then seal mine back up and take it to work so my bananas are mostly thawed by the time I eat it.

JEWELRY UPDATE:

Finally got the earring hooks to finish my key earrings.
Now to get them (nicely) photographed and up on Etsy (don't forget to check out my Etsy shop if you haven't already - there's a link to it in the upper left of the blog. Please share it with your friends, my pieces will make great Christmas gifts.)


No comments:

Post a Comment