Wednesday, September 7, 2011

New Look, Let's Get To It

1st post with the new look to the blog (yeah probably only my 1 follower will notice the difference). I'm going to start by giving you a wonderful, tasty and healthy dinner idea because I shouldn't be the only one enjoying my combination creation.

Parmesean Encrusted Talapia (make it yourself or find it in the seafood freezer section)
1 cup Brown Rice
1 cup Yellow Squash or Zuccini (cut into bit sized pieces) - steamed lightly so they still have a little crunch
slat, pepper and cajun seasoning.

Put it all on plate and enjoy. Mine ends up getting all mixed together and it's super yummy!!

OK, side tracked by TV commercial for upcoming show "Heart of Dixie" - it bugs the crap out of me that the picture with the title is of Oak Alley Plantation in LOUISIANA!!! I mean I want to watch the show because it looks cute but seriously there are TONS of beautiful places in Alabama that would have been great - just go to Mobile!!

Back on track...

What do I want to talk about first up... unique antiques and transforming them into something new and wearable. I always enjoy prowling through antique stores but my last few trips were different because I was looking for specific types of things. I didn't want to look at all the nice, clean, orderly stalls. Nope, I wanted dirty, rusty, cluttered stalls! Door hardware, keys, hinges.... all those things that most people wouldn't think to turn into jewelry. Does it have at least one hole in it? Yep? Well then I want it. Calipers.... mine now. Drawer pulls... still trying to pull that one off (hahaha pun intended). But by far the most unique thing I got was this....

Some sort of antique furnace thermostat thing near as I can figure. I can't see anyone looking at this and thinking "WOW, I'd like to wear that!" (OK well I hope someone does), but when you're thinking Steampunk jewelry this is a great find. Yeah it would probably work better on a top hat but I see....
I've only just gotten started on it but I think it's going to turn out nicely. A few more closeups for you...

No comments:

Post a Comment