Friday, September 16, 2011

Cooking With Ancient Grains

**Watching "Tea For Two" with Dorris Day**

I know I've been doing more cooking than crafting lately but I've had some recipes I've been wanting to try while I wait for crafty inspiration to strike. OK, so I'm just trying to spread the jewelry out :)

Tonight I cooked with (and ate) Quinoa for the first time. 

Wikipedia: Quinoa: Derived from the Spanish spelling of the Quechua name kinwa or occasionally "Qin-wah", Quinoa originated in the Andean region of South America, where it was successfully domesticated 3000 to 4000 years ago for human consumption, though archeological evidence shows a non-domesticated association with pastoral herding some 5200 to 7000 years ago.

It took forever to find a recipe that sounded really good to me and didn't need a lot of stuff I didn't have. I decided on Chicken With Quinoa and Veggies from All Recipes.com (again, please save me the typing and use the link for the full recipe while I tell you how it went for me).

**Got bored with "Tea For Two" switched to "Some Like It Hot", much better!**

Cooking the Quinoa. I thought I had chicken broth or at least chicken bullion but unfortunately had neither so I cooked it in plain water.

I cheated and used pre-minced garlic

Waiting for it to finish cooking was terrible. It smelled SOOOOOO good!

Yummy yummy yummy!!!
Next time I will make sure to have the chicken broth because it probably gives a bit more flavor.

JEWELRY UPDATE:


The drawer pull plate I got at The Old Shoe Factory Antique Mall last Friday.

I really like how this has turned out. Very delicate I think. Kinda Steampunkish Marie Antoinette.


CAT UPDATE:

Sookie is sacked out in front of the space heater :) I don't blame her!


1 comment:

  1. The cat looks comfortable I wish that I could sleep like that. (:

    ReplyDelete