Thursday, January 2, 2014

2014

My only New Year's resolution is to sew and blog more. I have all these ideas for posts and things I want to share but I seem to always get distracted into doing something else.... or absolutely nothing at all.  I wrote about my To Do list a couple of months ago and that hasn't changed. I want to do as much as possible of the Historical Sew Fortnightly (and figure out how to get the picture link thing to actually show up and work on my blog). I want to expand my Etsy store with more vintage items, like the stuff that I just hate to leave behind when I go antiquing. I've already purchased a few patterns and a book, and I found some silk handkerchiefs that I had forgotten I had bought with this thought in mind. I hope to get all that posted in the coming weeks.
I did make a big step towards the sewing more thing... I bought a new sewing machine with my Christmas money. My machine was going to turn 19 years old this year, and while it still works fine, I've outgrown it in a sense.
Another step towards sewing more... about a month ago, I started a local historical costuming group because I was jealous of all the blogs I read and the things they do and there was nothing like that around here. So I started the Central Ohio Costuming Society. Our first meeting is next weekend, we're meeting for tea at a local shop and then some antiquing nearby.
Well, that's all for now, this is my first step in my commitment to more blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment