Here's how the dress came together in the final fabric.
Putting the skirt panels together:
Trying to get the pleats right:
And here's the finished dress (but not the vest yet, that will be another post).
I'm very happy with how it turned out and the fit. I have impressed myself!
What it not shown here is the buttons and chain I added to the cuff later on.
Look, I even did seam finishes!!!!
Nicely set in sleeves that fit me better than any sleeve I have ever put in.
Cuffs adapted from the 1940s pattern I took the sleeve from. I just cut 2 instead of folding over and then cut the sides at an angle to get this look.
I really hope I took pictures of the vest and that the pictures are just hiding from me at the moment. I did get to wear the completed outfit to a Halloween party recently and 1 person knew exactly what it was, so exciting!